[News] New Distribution Releases: Calculate, Element, PLoP, and Many More in Store

  • Subject: [News] New Distribution Releases: Calculate, Element, PLoP, and Many More in Store
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 23:45:12 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Calculate Linux Desktop 10.2 released

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/calculate-89/calculate-linux-desktop-10.2-released-788916/

Calculate Linux 10.2 Has Support for Canon Printers

,----[ Quote ]
| The Russian developer Alexander Tratsevskiy
| proudly announced last week, on the Linux
| Questions forum, the availability of
| Calculate Linux 10.2, which includes all
| its derivatives: Calculate Linux Desktop,
| Calculate Linux Server, Calculate Linux
| Scratch and Calculate Linux XFCE.
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Calculate-Linux-10-2-Has-Support-for-Canon-Printers-135136.shtml

Element v1.0 final release

http://twitter.com/elementhtpc/statuses/9194320262

PLoP Linux 4.0.3 released

,----[ Quote ]
| added: ddrescue 1.11, testdisk photorec
| 6.11, lzip 1.8, rsync 3.0.6, dbus 1.2.14,
| netcat 1.10, LVM 2.2.02.58
| update: kernel 2.6.32.8, usbutils 0.84,
| fsarchiver 0.6.7, ntfs-3g 2010.1.16AR.1,
| nmap 5.21, partimage 0.6.8, mutt 1.5.20,
| groff 1.20.1, findutils 4.4.2
`----

http://www.plop.at/

MilaX 0.5 released

,----[ Quote ]
| Based on OpenSolaris snv128a.
| JWM as WM, system monitor â conky, keyboard
| layout switcher â SCIM.
| Now with fastest browser Midori â Twitter,
| Facebook and other sites is working well.
| Fast start: boot LiveCD (LiveUSB),
| configure network (Menu ->Setup->Net
| Setup),
| run zfsinstall (~pfexec zfsinstall), reboot
| and enjoy.
`----

http://www.milax.org/?p=302

Related:

Distribution Variation

,----[ Quote ]
| I could use one variant that let
| me choose my desktop environment and applications during
| install time. The installer could use either a network
| repository, or on disc repository depending on the ISO file.
`----

http://elevenislouder.blogspot.com/2009/09/distribution-variation.html

Torvalds rejects one-size-fits-all Linux

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/246534/torvalds-rejects-onesizefitsall-linux.html