[News] Network-attached Storage Uses Synology Based on Linux

  • Subject: [News] Network-attached Storage Uses Synology Based on Linux
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 00:07:48 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Two-bay NAS device can expand to seven bays

,----[ Quote ]
| Synology America announced a two-bay member
| of its DiskStation network-attached storage
| (NAS) family that can expand via an
| optional seven-bay expansion enclosure from
| 4TB to up to 14TB. Aimed at small-to-medium
| businesses, the DiskStation DS710+ runs
| Linux on an Intel Atom D410, and supplies
| gigabit Ethernet and USB connectivity.
|
| [...]
|
| Like the DS210j, the DS1010+, and other
| Synology NAS devices, the DS710+ runs
| version 2.2 of Synology's Linux-based,
| DNLA-compliant Disk Station Manager
| software, which is compatible with Linux,
| Windows, and Mac workstations. DSM 2.2
| enables automated backup features, remote
| file sharing, iSCSI target support, and
| multimedia streaming, says the company.
`----

http://www.linuxfordevices.com/c/a/News/Synology-DS710/?kc=rss

Recent:

High-end NAS device runs Linux on dual-core Pineview Atom

,----[ Quote ]
| Synology announced it is shipping a Linux-
| based network-attached storage (NAS) device
| called the DiskStation DS1010+, offering a
| dual-core Intel Atom D510 and up to 10 drive
| bays. Earlier this month, the company also
| shipped a single-bay (2TB) DS110j NAS aimed
| at SOHO customers.
`----

http://www.linuxfordevices.com/c/a/News/Synology-DiskStation-DS1010-and-DS110j/?kc=rss

Related:

Synology Announces the Official Release of Synology Assistant, Introducing Linux Version, Multiple

,----[ Quote ]
| Synology Inc. today announced the official release
| of its Synology Assistant, introducing Linux version,
| multiple Disk Station installation, resource monitor
| and several enhancements of the management UI. "In
| addition, the official release also includes support
| for the latest Mac OS, Snow Leopard," said Edward
| Lin, marketing director of Synology.
`----

http://pr-usa.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=276010&Itemid=30

  Lab gear spotlight: Synology DS509+ NAS