[News] Extensive Review of SAM GNU/Linux

SAM Linux - In the twilight zone

,----[ Quote ]
| SAM Linux suffers from all the ailments of
| a small distro. It has many great things,
| but the integration is missing. The sum of
| all parts is lower than the value of each.
| Proper quality control is missing sorely,
| beginning with the website design, via
| hardware compatibility, all the way to
| small details and annoyances that reduce
| the professional look and feel of the final
| desktop.
|
| Xfce is not the best choice, it seems, due
| to cross-platform issues that arise, time
| and again. Combined with other quirks that
| arose during the testing, SAM Linux makes
| for an odd choice. Gnome desktop would have
| been much better, but then, there's
| PCLinuxOS already.
|
| [...]
|
| With a mixed experience and a slight fear,
| I must conclude that SAM Linux is indeed
| what it is, a small distro, floating
| precariously on the thin cusp of the
| twilight zone. With a little more work in
| the polish department, it could be a very
| decent choice. But today, SAM Linux
| probably makes sense only to hardcore
| followers and experienced users.
`----

http://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/sam-linux.html

Recent:

Distro Review: SAM Linux 2009

,----[ Quote ]
| Try out SAM for yourself and tell me how wrong I am if you
| like. You might find that itâs prefect for you.
`----

http://danlynch.org/blog/2009/09/sam2009/

SAM Linux - Great little OS

,----[ Quote ]
| While writing my column I was testing SAM Linux to feature as one of the
| Linux distributions released last month. And in playing around with it, I
| realized what an untapped treasure it is. Light apps, tasteful eyecandy,
| handy tools, multimedia and hardware support add up to make this one of the
| best out-of-the-box desktops available.
`----

http://www.tuxmachines.org/node/39199

Distro Hoppin`: SAM Linux 2009

,----[ Quote ]
| Well, if you like trying out new distributions, certainly give SAM a spin.
| Despite its problems, it brings forward some original elements that separates
| it from the crowd. Plus, it is packed with the latest and greatest software.
| I'm very curious about how the next release will be though, as the developers
| said that SAM 2009 is the last version using the PCLinuxOS base.
`----

http://www.itlure.com/2009/08/distro-hoppin-sam-linux-2009.html

SAM Linux 2009

,----[ Quote ]
| SAM is a pleasant, small LiveCD distribution that doesn't use Gnome or KDE
| (although in all fairness XFce does use Gnome libraries). The software
| selection is small but covers most of the common themes users will want.
`----

http://www.techiemoe.com/tech/sam2009.htm

Related:

SAM Linux 2008 'Claws' rc1: A Brief Visual Tour

,----[ Quote ]
| So, that's the end of my brief tour of SAM Linux 2008. It's a hugely
| promising distribution and I'm fairly sure we're going to be hearing more
| about it in the future.
| Well worth a try, if only as a very useful live CD.
`----

http://reddevil62-techhead.blogspot.com/2008/02/sam-linux-2008-claws-rc1-brief-visual.html

Review of SAM Linux 2007

,----[ Quote ]