[News] Chromatic on SDL Perl, New Board for Eclipse

  • Subject: [News] Chromatic on SDL Perl, New Board for Eclipse
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 21:27:12 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Why SDL Perl Matters

,----[ Quote ]
| I read a book proposal years ago on the
| subject of teaching kids to program with C++.
| "After a week," it said, "children will know
| enough to create their own simple text games
| and animations."
|
| I was perhaps six years old when I saw my
| first minicomputer. I flipped open the first
| page of the manual and typed in the lines
| verbatimâexcept I left off the line numbers,
| likely thinking that they were merely a
| convenience for readers. Perhaps I've had good
| taste from the beginning.
|
| My typing skills were, as you might expect,
| abysmal. Even so, I had feedback from the
| computer within fifteen minutes or less. If
| I'd had to spend a week learning things to
| move characters around on the screen, I'd have
| given up.
`----

http://www.modernperlbooks.com/mt/2010/02/why-sdl-perl-matters.html

2010 Board Candidate: Nominee for sustaining member representative

http://www.eclipse.org/org/elections/candidate.php?year=2010

Recent:

Groovy-Eclipse 2.0 released - A smoother development cycle

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.h-online.com/open/news/item/Groovy-Eclipse-2-0-released-A-smoother-development-cycle-906912.html