Re: [News] GNU/Linux Growing Very Big in China (Top Server), Desktops Too

____/ Mark Kent on Thursday 18 Feb 2010 08:04 : \____

>> ____/ Mark Kent on Friday 12 Feb 2010 07:21 : \____
>>
>>> Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:

>>> That's not the fundamental problem, rather, it's that the brain has
>>> evolved in a physical universe of waves carrying information, rather
>>> than packets (wave/particle duality notwithstanding).
>>>
>>> Further, conversation, rather than listening, imposes a huge range of
>>> constraints on what the brain can handle, particularly around latency
>>> and loss of information.

>>> We have communications at brain-wave level established already, albeit
>>> in a very simplistic way.
>>
>> Monkeys with semi-open skulls are sometimes used in such experiments. Rather
>> disturbing.
>>

> eeuyyk.. nasty.  I was referring, rather, to some brainwave comms
> established with someone previously thought to have been in a coma, but
> actually was aware (scary!), the medics were able to communicate by
> speaking to the patient and watched brainwave variations to determine
> that the person was understanding and reacting to the stimuli.
>
> The very very disturbing result is that all those people who are
> "allowed to die" when in a coma might well have been very alive, and
> might even have been able to recover, given enough time.

Oh, I see... so it's kind of like home@SETI, only inside a person's body!

- --
		~~ Best of wishes

"You know you're too anal when you're planning on colour-coding your
bondage ropes by length... using the resistor code." -- Graham Reed
http://Schestowitz.com  | Mandriva Linux |     PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
         run-level 2  Nov 17 02:36