[News] Many Small Reviews of Applications for GNU/Linux

  • Subject: [News] Many Small Reviews of Applications for GNU/Linux
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 21:07:26 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Two new-mail notification apps for Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Do you sometimes find yourself desperately
| checking for new emails, afraid you're going
| to miss something important? Well, no more!
| All you need to do is to choose one of these
| extremely handy panel plug-ins!
`----

http://www.downloadsquad.com/2010/02/18/email-indicator-applets-for-linux/

CoverGloobus 1.6 "WOW!" lives up to its name

,----[ Quote ]
| CoverGloobus - an awesome application for
| displaying cover art and lyrics on your
| desktop - quietly released version 1.6 at
| the beginning of this month.
|
| If you've been reading the blog for a while
| chances are you've seen most of these
| features already - i can't help but blog
| progress - but even so here's a run down of
| what's shiny and new in CoverGloobus 1.6
`----

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2010/02/covergloobus-16-wow-lives-up-to-its.html

Comparing Browsers on Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Recently I decided to make a screencast
| comparing some of the more popular browsers
| that are currently available for Linux:
| Firefox, Epiphany, Konqueror, Opera, and
| Google-Chrome. Included is the screencast
| posted with the new HTML 5 video tag, a
| video download option, and for those that
| prefer reading, a short synopsis of the
| scenario.
`----

http://thelinuxbox.org/news.php?2010/02/16/comparing-browsers-on-linux.html

Sikuli (GUI Automation Using Screenshots) Moves To Launchpad, Finally Works On Linux

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.webupd8.org/2010/02/sikuli-gui-automation-using-screenshots.html