[News] Wine Has New Release with Compatibility for More Microsoft Junk

  • Subject: [News] Wine Has New Release with Compatibility for More Microsoft Junk
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 21:08:49 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Wine Announcement

,----[ Quote ]
| The Wine development release 1.1.39 is now
| available.
|
| What's new in this release (see below for
| details):
|   - Support for registry symbolic links.
|   - Many MSI fixes.
|   - Build process improvements.
|   - MSXML cleanups and fixes.
|   - A number of MSHTML improvements.
|   - Various bug fixes.
`----

http://www.winehq.org/announce/1.1.39

Recent:

Spill the Wine, install IrfanView in Debian

http://www.insidesocal.com/click/2010/02/spill-the-wine-install-irfanvi.html

The Bordeaux Group announces new affiliate program

http://www.wine-reviews.net/wine-reviews/bordeaux/the-bordeaux-group-announces-new-affiliate-program.html

Another Look at Wine for Running Windows Apps

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Enterprise-Applications/Another-Look-at-Wine-403464/