[News] Top GNU/Linux Distributions of a Decade

  • Subject: [News] Top GNU/Linux Distributions of a Decade
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 21:25:28 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Will the Decade's Best Distros Please Stand Up?

,----[ Quote ]
| Is Ubuntu actually good or merely popular?
| "It is either so bleeding edge it is a
| miracle the CD doesn't have stigmata, or it
| is really old packages that are never
| updated," blogger hairyfeet asserted.
| "Ubuntu has done more for Linux acceptance
| than any other distribution," countered
| blogger Martin Espinoza. "I'm a bit
| disenchanted with distros in general," said
| Slashdot blogger David Masover.
`----

http://www.linuxinsider.com/story/69368.html

10 Best Linux Distributions / Distros in 2010

,----[ Quote ]
| Before telling you about the Best Linux
| Distributions or Distros available for 2010,
| you have to tell me what kind of user you
| are.  There are several types of
| Distributions meant a particular working
| condition and there are also several types
| of Distros that are created for certain type
| of users. If you are choosing a Distro for
| family or friends, it should not be the same
| as that you would choose for a enterprise.
| And if you are a student, you have to be
| sure that the applications and resources
| that you require will be available from the
| distribution that you are choosing. Here I
| have tried to compile a list of the Best
| Distributions that are the bests for their
| capabilities on a particular domain. Have a
| look at the list.
`----

http://blog.taragana.com/index.php/archive/10-best-linux-distributions-distros-in-2010/

Recent:

5 Linux features I miss when on Windows.

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.ghabuntu.com/2010/02/5-linux-features-i-miss-when-on-windows.html