[News] New Contest and Project Rely on Linux

Lantronix Launches Global XPort Proâ Design Contest

,----[ Quote ]
| Worldâs smallest Linux computer provides a
| powerful engine for deploying advanced
| applications at the network edge
`----

http://www.lewiswire.com/us/lewiswire/Lantronix/c/458

Our Door Opener (A Science Project)

,----[ Quote ]
| This is a pretty simple project, but I'm no
| electrical engineer, so it took me a while to
| get it working. But eventually I was able to
| use my SSH client to open the door latch.
| That's not exactly an ideal interface, though:
| it's both hard to use and hard to administer.
| I turned the problem over to my coworkers in
| the labs, and they built the rest of the
| system with amazing speed (and, it should be
| noted, in the middle of a blizzard). They've
| come up with some pretty impressive solutions
| -- more on that in the next post!
`----

http://sunlightlabs.com/blog/2010/our-door-opener-science-project/

Recent:

Alpha Micro adds Xport Pro networking module

,----[ Quote ]
| Xport Pro is available running Linux and IPv6,
| providing Linux developers with a compact
| compute platform, along with an industry
| standard development environment.
`----

http://www.electronicstalk.com/news/alp/alp162.html

Anders system-on-module features TI processor

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.electronicstalk.com/news/and/and166.html