Re: [News] Linux Mint Too Good to Leave

____/ Fritz Wuehler on Saturday 20 Feb 2010 11:38 : \____

>> Has Linux Mint Killed Distrohopping?
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Back in the old days, Linux used to be a tough
>> | cookie to get installed. It was way more
>> | challenging than Windows and certainly nothing
>> | like Mac OS X. You never really knew if it
>> | would work well with all of your hardware
>> | until you tried it. Sometimes things went
>> | great and other timesïwell, let's just say
>> | that things didn't go well at all.
>> |
>> | These days, it's more or less a snap to get
>> | Linux working on your computer. Oh sure, you
>> | may have an occasional snafu with a particular
>> | component, but nothing like what you used to
>> | run into. Linux is much better at supporting
>> | hardware now, and things have become much,
>> | much simpler.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,2845,2359956,00.asp
>>

>> Recent:
>>
>> Linux Mint 8 Fluxbox and KDE64 Editions Out Now
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | A few minutes ago, Clement Lefebvre and the
>> | hard working community behind the Linux Mint
>> | community announced the immediate
>> | availability of two new editions for the
>> | Helena release: Linux Mint 8 Fluxbox and
>> | Linux Mint 8 KDE64! While the latter
>> | contains exactly the same amount of new
>> | features like the Linux Mint 8 KDE Community
>> | Edition, but compiled especially for 64-bit
>> | processors, such as Intel Core 2 Quad, Intel
>> | Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon X2 64, the Fluxbox
>> | edition is brand-new and it is powered by
>> | Linux 2.6.31, X.Org 7.4 and Fluxbox 1.1.1.
>> `----
>>
>> http://news.softpedia.com/news/Linux-Mint-8-Fluxbox-and-KDE64-Editions-Out-
Now-134778.shtml

> I would never use Linux Mint since it's a) American b) commercial.
> Americans are always out to make a buck so if Linux Mint does become
> popular I guarantee you that its founder will try to sell it or
> 'monetize' it somehow.

Clem is actually Irish.

> Don't use American Linuxes! They can't be trusted.

All generalisation are incorrect (except this sentence that I'm making). Would you
rather use RedFlag or Parsix?

- --
		~~ Best of wishes

"Having to infer what Unix is solely from a copy of the GNU Manifesto
is not really an exercise you want to undertake." -- AdB
roy      pts/0        :0               Fri Feb 12 10:02   still logged in