[News] Free Nvidia Driver (Nouveau) Added to Graphics Stack in Ubuntu GNU/Linux

  • Subject: [News] Free Nvidia Driver (Nouveau) Added to Graphics Stack in Ubuntu GNU/Linux
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 02:24:34 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Nouveau Now Switched On In Ubuntu 10.04

,----[ Quote ]
| For those interested in proper OpenGL support for
| gaming or other situations, the NVIDIA binary
| driver can still be installed in Ubuntu 10.04.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=ODAwMg

Wayland Is Indeed Moving Off Eagle For Mesa

,----[ Quote ]
| Last month we reported that the Wayland Display
| Server was losing its Eagle-specific bits and
| today this dependence migration from Eagle to
| Mesa's EGL stack has been confirmed.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=ODAwMQ

Recent:

Benchmarks Of Nouveau's Gallium3D OpenGL Driver

,----[ Quote ]
| To benchmark the Gallium3D driver in Fedora
| 13 for Nouveau we fired up the Phoronix
| Test Suite and ran the OpenArena, World of
| Padman, Urban Terror, Unreal Tournament
| 2004, and Warsow test profiles. We tested
| each of these OpenGL games at five
| different resolutions: 800 x 600, 1024 x
| 768, 1280 x 1024, 1680 x 1050, and 1920 x
| 1080.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=nouveau_gallium3d_first&num=1

A Nouveau 3D Driver That Works For Old NVIDIA Hardware

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Nzk1NA