[News] Old PC Games Resurrected in GNU/Linux with Free Software

  • Subject: [News] Old PC Games Resurrected in GNU/Linux with Free Software
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 02:44:07 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

7 reasons to play retro titles â Puppy Arcade 7 is released!

,----[ Quote ]
| So here are my 7 reasons why you should use
| Puppy Arcade:
|
| 1. There is a wealth of games/systems that you
| are able to relive your childhood/youth with.
|
| 2. Scott Jarvis is dedicated to this distro
| and updates are regular.
|
| 3. Spec requirements are low.
|
| 4. It puts the best of the emulation scene in
| one distro.
|
| 5. Puppy Arcade runs from a modified Puppy
| Linux which is as fast as hell
|
| 6. It has a really groovy backdrop!
|
| 7. It really is that damn good.
`----

http://openbytes.wordpress.com/2010/02/20/7-reasons-to-play-retro-titles-puppy-arcade-7-is-released/

Enterprise Edition... Space Invaders?

,----[ Quote ]
| What do you get when you cross business logic
| and 80s arcade video games? An open source
| Space Invaders clone that's being used to
| illustrate the power of a business logic
| integration platform for game design.
`----

http://ostatic.com/blog/enterprise-edition-space-invaders

Recent:

9 of the Best Free Linux Educational Games

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.linuxlinks.com/article/20090516201424454/EducationalGames.html