[News] SCO's Ralph Yarro Wants to Inject Money into Anti-Linux Lawsuit

  • Subject: [News] SCO's Ralph Yarro Wants to Inject Money into Anti-Linux Lawsuit
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 09:11:01 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

SCO vs. Linux: SCO majority owner wants to finance SCO

,----[ Quote ]
| In the dispute between the SCO Group and
| Novell about the copyright for Unix, the new
| jury trial scheduled to begin on the 8th of
| March is apparently set to go ahead: according
| to a statement by Chapter 11 trustee Edward
| Cahn, SCO's majority owner Ralph Yarro wants
| to inject a loan of $2 million dollars into
| the financially stricken company.
|
| Legal observers at Groklaw reported that Ralph
| Yarro intends to finance the loan via his
| investment company, Seung Ni Capital Partners.
| The loan is termed to run for a year at an
| interest rate of 6.6%. SCO will have to repay
| the loan before settling its other open debts.
| Among these is a court order to pay $2.5
| million to Novell. Earlier, trustee Cahn had
| told the bankruptcy court that SCO was in
| urgent need of further funding if it was to
| survive the new trial. The trustee said that
| without further funding he would not be able
| to continue SCO's business.
`----

http://www.h-online.com/open/news/item/SCO-vs-Linux-SCO-majority-owner-wants-to-finance-SCO-936109.html

Ralph Yarro, SCO's "former Chairman" wants to loan SCO $2M - Updated - Oct. MORs & Motion Granted, Withdrawn

,----[ Quote ]
| You've been expecting this, I'm sure. Ralph
| Yarro wants to loan SCO some money, $2
| million, or more accurately up to $2 million,
| and the SCO trustee, Edward Cahn, wants to let
| him. It's all at "arm's length" and "in good
| faith" negotiations with this SCO insider,
| don't you know. So, does this mean nobody else
| wants to fund SCO? No potential buyers? Just
| Ralph? And Cahn asks the court to please
| shorten the time to handle the motion. Is SCO
| on its last legs or something?
|
| The motion calls Yarro the "former Chairman"
| of SCO's board of directors. See all the stuff
| you can hide if you don't file MORs or with
| the SEC, despite being a public company? Say,
| didn't Cahn promise to file those MORs by now?
| What, they look too awful? Still, they're
| supposed to be filed. Well, well. SCO's MO
| seems to be catching. Delay, delay, delay
| while they keep their greedy hand reaching
| desperately for the brass ring.
|
|     "The Trustee is advised that Seung Ni
|     Capital Partners, L.L.C. is a newly formed
|     entity formed by Ralph J. Yarro III
|     (âYarroâ) and was created for the purpose
|     of providing postpetition financing to the
|     Debtors. Since Yarro is the former
|     Chairman of the Debtorsâ Board of
|     Directors and the Debtorsâ largest
|     shareholder, Yarro is an insider pursuant
|     to Bankruptcy Code section 101(31). See 11
|     U.S.C. Â 101(31). The Trustee represents
|     that at all times the negotiations among
|     the Trustee, his advisors and Yarro were
|     at arms-length and in good faith."
|
| Wait. Look at page 2. It's a loan from Ralph
| in public and "other lenders from time to
| time". Uh oh. Page 3:
|
|     9. In accordance with the Credit
|     Agreement, additional Lenders may also
|     make loans to the Debtors under the Credit
|     Facility from time to time.
|
| Not another weirdo deal with shadows...
| Remember the York deal in 2007, speaking of
| shadows? It was a Super Dooper Senior Secured
| Super-Priority Credit Agreement too. We'd
| better look at the exhibits, which set forth
| the precise terms. I'll swing back by after I
| do that.

Novell's Daubert Motions: We Finally Get to Read 3 of SCO's Experts' Reports

Novell's Motion for Leave to Reply to SCO's Opposition to Motion in Limine # 1 - As Text

Dr. Gary Pisano's Expert Report for SCO

Judge Stewart Denies Novell's Motion in Limine #1

Slander

,----[ Quote ]
| Presumably Novell will soldier on with this
| handicap and SCO gets to bring up years of
| irrelevant evidence as it did before. How the
| trial can go in two or three weeks with this
| Pandoraâs box now opened is beyond me.
|
| Another strange thing. The judge made his
| ruling without a hearingâ That can happen if
| the matter is clear but there is obviously a
| dispute. Why not have it out in a hearing? I
| fear the fix is in. SCO is getting everything
| its own way, even having Utah law applied to a
| California contract. Novell will have to start
| all over again in SCOTUS. How many years will
| it take?
`----

http://pogson.6k.ca/2010/02/19/slander/

SCO GROUP, INC. v. NOVELL, INC.