[News] [Rival] Microsoft is Attacking Its Own Distributors with Lawsuits

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Microsoft is Attacking Its Own Distributors with Lawsuits
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 09:59:47 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

"It's easier for our software to compete with Linux when there's piracy
than when there's not."

                   --Bill Gates

Microsoft sues local company over Windows XP claims

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft Corp. is suing a Southern Nevada
| company it claims has been selling refurbished
| computer systems loaded with unauthorized
| copies of Windows XP Pro software.
|
| Redmond, Wash.-based Microsoft filed suit
| Tuesday in U.S. District Court in Las Vegas
| against PacificGeek.com of Boulder City, its
| owner Kirk Frantz and PacificGeek officials
| Dylan Frantz (son of Kirk) and Mark Frantz
| (brother of Kirk).
`----

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2010/feb/10/microsoft-sues-local-company-over-windows-xp-claim/

'Jordan should do more to combat piracy'

,----[ Quote ]
| Jordan should do more to combat piracy in
| order to make the Kingdom a regional hub for
| information and communications technology
| (ICT), according to Microsoft Jordan.
|
| [...]
|
| In November 2009, Microsoft Jordan renewed its
| strategic partnership agreement (SPA) with the
| government, which includes supporting various
| projects for the Ministry of Information and
| Communications Technology.
`----

http://www.zawya.com/mobile/default.cfm/sidZAWYA20100214032934/%27Jordan%20should%20do%20more%20to%20combat%20piracy%27/actstory

Software piracy rate dips in Jordan

http://www.ameinfo.com/223935.html

Fake numbers, a la MAFIAA:

Pirates in Armenia cause 50 mln damage to Microsoft annually

,----[ Quote ]
| Armenia, along with countries such as Georgia,
| Bangladesh and Zimbabwe joined the list of the
| largest consumers of pirated products.
`----

http://www.news.az/articles/8747

Recent:

Microsoft: âPiracy no longer poses a threat to usâ

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://freakbits.com/microsoft-piracy-no-longer-poses-a-threat-to-us-1202