[News] [Rival] Technical Creases in Vista 7 Become Widespread

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Technical Creases in Vista 7 Become Widespread
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 09:58:49 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Microsoft's 'Reliability Update' Is Not So Reliable

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft (NASDAQ: MSFT) released several non-
| security updates for Windows 7 and its server
| counterpart, Windows Server 2008 Release 2 (R2)
| two weeks ago.
|
| The main purpose of four of those patches was to
| improve stability and reliability of the two
| operating systems. Unfortunately for an
| undetermined number of users, one of those
| updates broke their systems rather than make them
| more stable.
`----

http://www.esecurityplanet.com/patches/article.php/3863796/Microsofts-Reliability-Update-Is-Not-So-Reliable.htm

Developer: Windows 7 Maxes Out on Memory Use

,----[ Quote ]
| A Microsoft spokesperson told InternetNews.com
| that the company had no comment on Devil
| Mountain's latest report.
`----

http://itmanagement.earthweb.com/entdev/article.php/3866026/Developer-Windows-7-Maxes-Out-on-Memory-Use.htm

Windows 7's Memory Problem: Yes or No?

http://it.tmcnet.com/topics/it/articles/76136-windows-7s-memory-problem-yes-no.htm

Recent:

Dell profit drops despite Windows 7 PC rush

,----[ Quote ]
| Its gross margin dropped to a relatively slim 16.6 percent as
| the holiday-related sales spike pushed it to
| sell 2 million more computers without as much
| profit as in the past.
`----

http://www.electronista.com/articles/10/02/18/dell.q4.2009.shows.more.pcs.less.cash/

7 reasons I choose Linux over Windows 7

,----[ Quote ]
| Many have marked the 22nd of October on their calendars,but they seem to have
| forgotten the presence of the penguin.Mind you my friend the penguin is
| everywhere.Here are some of the Linux distributions releasing around that
| date
|
| Ubuntu Karmic : October 29th
|
| Fedora 12 : November 3rd
|
| OpenSuse 11.2 : November 12th
`----

http://www.abhishekrane.com/2009/08/23/7-reasons-i-choose-linux-over-windows-7/

Linux vs Windows 7

,----[ Quote ]
| And this is where Linux can make a big difference. There's nothing in Windows
| 7 that Linux can't do, and in most cases, do it better. Our machines are
| quicker and more efficient. Our desktops are more innovative and less static.
| Our apps are more powerful, cheaper and less partisan, and Linux security has
| never been better. But best of all, we have complete control over the future
| of Linux, and it's success or failure at the hands of Windows 7 is in our
| hands.
`----

http://www.tuxradar.com/content/linux-vs-windows-7

Seven things Windows 7 can learn from Linux

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.techworld.com.au/node/315257