[News] New Episode of Linux Basement; Debate About What Represents the GNU-Linux System

  • Subject: [News] New Episode of Linux Basement; Debate About What Represents the GNU-Linux System
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 00:41:59 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

LB - Episode 50 - Milestone Debauchery by Linux Basement

http://www.linuxbasement.com/content/lb-episode-50-milestone-debauchery-linux-basement-0

Who is Linux, really?

,----[ Quote ]
| While Linus developed the first Linux kernel
| he is not Linux. Linus is the father of Linux
| and Linux is his creation so Linus cannot be
| Linux. Richard is the founder of the GNU
| revolution and most of the key programs in a
| typical Linux distribution are from the GNU
| umbrella but they are only a part and not the
| whole of Linux. Mark has single handedly done
| more for Linux popularity than just about
| anyone else. He is the one who I would say
| that put glamour in the Linux name. Who can
| put any higher praise on Linux than someone
| who has been to space I ask you? Tux has been
| around almost as long as the Linux kernel has
| when a guy called Larry Ewing was inspired to
| draw a penguin relaxing after gorging on
| bountiful fish. Since then Tux has been the
| Linux mascot and one of the most famous
| computing mascots of all time, so much so
| that many businesses not even related to
| computing are using his image. If you want to
| see just exactly who Linux is then follow
| these directions.
`----

http://www.locutus.us/who_is_linux_really

Related:

Apple Built a Better Kitty (Thanks to Linux)

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://dailyrevolution.net/?p=7274