[News] Loads of New Applications for GNU/Linux: LTSP, Marave, MeMenu...

  • Subject: [News] Loads of New Applications for GNU/Linux: LTSP, Marave, MeMenu...
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 00:48:31 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

LTSP 5.2 is out !

,----[ Quote ]
| As we wanted this release to be some kind
| of a reference point in LTSP's history, we
| also released LDM (LTSP Display Manager)
| 2.1 and LTSPfs 0.6 on the same day.
|
| Packages for LTSP 5.2, LDM 2.1 and LTSPfs
| 0.6 are already in Ubuntu Lucid and a
| backport for Karmic is available in my
| PPA.
`----

https://www.stgraber.org/2010/02/21/ltsp-52-out

File compressors in Linux | gzip zip tar

http://www.unixmen.com/linux-tutorials/805-file-compressors-in-linux--gzip-zip-tar

Marave 0.6 is out

,----[ Quote ]
| Version 0.6 of Marave, my peaceful,
| fullscreen text editor is now available at
| the usual place:
| http://marave.googlecode.com
`----

http://lateral.netmanagers.com.ar/weblog/posts/BB874.html

Pino Twitter Client Goes Experimental: Adds multi-account, Indenti.ca & a Xmas Tree

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2010/02/pino-twitter-client-goes-experimental.html

Ubuntu MeMenu to Encourage Social Media Broadcasting

,----[ Quote ]
| It seems that a huge segment of the
| worldâs population has gone Twitter and
| Facebook crazy. People are busy updating
| their statuses, sending each other links,
| and trying to see how many âfriendsâ and
| âfollowersâ they can get.  We are becoming
| social âbroadcastersâ, constantly
| bombarding our âfriendsâ with 140
| character chunks of information. In
| reality, these social networks are all
| about making âMEâ feel good about myself,
| tricking us into thinking that people care
| about what we say â or maybe they really
| do care?
`----

http://www.starryhope.com/linux/ubuntu/2010/ubuntu-memenu-to-encourage-social-media-broadcasting/

fun with irc clients

,----[  ]
| So, after having a pretty productive
| Fedora day yesterday (I cleaned up EPEL
| buildroot override tags/closed tickets,
| caught up on all my mailing lists and
| such, started in on some package reviews,
| helped people on IRC, etc) I decided to
| play around with some new IRC clients
| today.
`----

http://scrye.com/wordpress-mu/nirik/2010/02/21/fun-with-irc-clients/

Thereâs a way to get new wallpaper images every day on a GNU/Linux system

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://nancib.wordpress.com/2010/02/21/theres-a-way-to-get-new-wallpaper-images-every-day-on-a-gnulinux-system/