[News] ZDNet Hypocrites Troll Just Like InfoWorld

  • Subject: [News] ZDNet Hypocrites Troll Just Like InfoWorld
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 19:03:50 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Torvalds vents about religious extremism

,----[ Quote ]
| I remember more than a few myself. Once I
| wrote an analysis that carried the
| headline, âIs Linus Killing Linux?â
|
| It was hyperbole, of course, and designed
| to provoke interest in a story that
| examined who or what might become the
| controlling âmanagerâ of the Linux kernel â
| or which commercial interest might try to
| hijack the code. [This was before the SCO
| lawsuit.]
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/open-source/?p=5921

What I like about the iPad

,----[ Quote ]
| Over at ZDnet, Dana Blankenhorn tries to
| concoct some scenario where Google opening
| up a codec turns into an antitrust
| violation. Iâm not shocked (considering the
| source), but there it is.
`----

http://www.the-source.com/2010/02/what-i-like-about-the-ipad/

My Interview with Devil Mountainâs Craig Barth

,----[ Quote ]
| If thereâs one thing to take away from the
| Ars / ZDNet / xpnet / WinSuperSite
| tardfight, itâs donât go latching on to
| someone just because it appears they
| support your position.
|
| A postscript
|
| Also, is it just me or does ZDNet have the
| most idiotic tech community on the
| internet? Seriously, if youâre feeling
| smart and motivated read the comments there
| â I guarantee youâll come out the other end
| drooling and suicidal. I think we can
| derive a formula that the quality of
| comments are proportional to the quality of
| the original content.
`----

http://www.the-source.com/2010/02/my-interview-with-devil-mountains-craig-barth/

Dear Matt Asay,

,----[ Quote ]
| Part of your role appears to be figuring
| out how to help a Free Software company
| make money (monetise is not a great word).
| We donât think âOpen Coreâ is the right
| way. That might work for a proprietary
| company that just wants to leverage a
| community to do free marketing for them. We
| would like Canonical to be a Free Software
| company â and for it to make money.
`----

http://www.theopensourcerer.com/2010/02/20/dear-matt-asay/

The comings and goings of the partner repo

http://www.theopensourcerer.com/2010/02/22/the-comings-and-goings-of-the-partner-repo/

Related:

Is MS Preening in Public Posts?

,----[ Quote ]