[News] Ubuntu Has Nice New Wallpapers, Ubuntu Founder to Speak at PyCon

  • Subject: [News] Ubuntu Has Nice New Wallpapers, Ubuntu Founder to Speak at PyCon
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 15:42:27 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Top 15 Wallpapers for Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid from Ubuntu Artwork Pool

,----[ Quote ]
| Ubuntu Artwork pool in flickr is busy with
| contributions from everyone in and around
| the community. There is simply a lot to
| choose from. This is a collection of 15
| beautiful wallpapers for Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid
| Lynx from Ubuntu Artwork Pool. You may also
| want to give a shot at wallpapers that you
| could download via ubuntu repositories.
`----

http://www.techdrivein.com/2010/02/top-15-wallpapers-for-ubuntu-1004-lucid.html

Mark Shuttleworth at PyCon: Cadence, Quality and Design

,----[ Quote ]
| Mark Shuttleworth, Founder of Canonical
| (maker of the Ubuntu Linux Distribution)
| spoke with me at the PyCon 2010 Python
| conference in Atlanta, GA. We discussed
| Python, PyCon, and also about effective
| software design and development.
`----

http://www.thebitsource.com/people/mark-shuttleworth-at-pycon-cadence-quality-and-design/

Turning off kernel mode setting is the key to Intel 830m video not just
in Ubuntu Karmic and Lucid but in Sidux 2009-04 - and more importantly
that should mean Debian Squeeze will work, too

http://insidesocal.com/click/2010/02/turning-off-kernel-mode-settin.html

Recent:

Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala Evolution

,----[ Quote ]