[News] OpenOffice.org 3.2 Received Positive Review, 50 Free Software Downloads,

  • Subject: [News] OpenOffice.org 3.2 Received Positive Review, 50 Free Software Downloads,
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 16:01:27 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

OpenOffice.org 3.2 Offers Modest Update, Better Startup Speed

,----[ Quote ]
| Version 3.2 of the open-source OpenOffice.org
| productivity suite delivers a handful of file
| format compatibility enhancements alongside
| feature tweaks for the suite's Calc
| spreadsheet application and continued gains
| in startup speed for the suite as a whole.
`----

http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Linux-and-Open-Source/OpenOfficeorg-32-Offers-Modest-Update-Better-Startup-Speed-832642/

50 Open Source Tools: Desktop Downloads

,----[ Quote ]
| The universe of open source tools is large
| and rapidly expanding. If your desktop
| doesn't look and perform exactly like you
| want it to, you really have no excuse.
|
| We found dozens of great open source tools
| that let you customize your desktop
| environment, whether you're ready to try out
| a whole new operating system or just a new
| screen saver.
|
| While many of these tools add new features to
| software you probably already have on your
| system, others offer brand new functionality,
| like the Florence virtual keyboard and the
| PNotes sticky notes. You might even find a
| open source tool or two that you just can't
| live without.
`----

http://itmanagement.earthweb.com/osrc/article.php/3866581

Recent:

Tips to help users migrate to OpenOffice

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.ghacks.net/2010/02/22/tips-to-help-users-migrate-to-openoffice/