[News] [Rival] Microsoft Advertises/AstroTurfs for Benefits from State

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Advertises/AstroTurfs for Benefits from State
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 17:01:59 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Microsoft vs. McGinn on 520

,----[ Quote ]
| Although Microsoft has made its position
| clear on local and regional issues in the
| past, it's uncommon for the company to
| launch a campaign in support of its views.
| Microsoft is holding a news conference on
| the topic later this morning in Redmond,
| and we're planning to attend, assuming we
| can get across the bridge in time.
`----

http://www.techflash.com/seattle/2010/02/microsoft_vs_mcginn_on_520.html

Seattle hires consultant to look at 520 bridge plan

,----[ Quote ]
| The new 520 bridge project is all about big
| numbers: 115,000 vehicles a day cross the
| bridge, which is twice as many as the
| structure was designed for in 1963.
|
| The cost to replace the 520 bridge is $4.65
| billion. One group, including Seattle Mayor
| Mike McGinn, opposes the current bridge
| replacement plan. They want light rail on the
| new bridge, which is not part of the plan.
|
| "Let's take another, closer look at this
| bridge. Let's take another look at what we're
| planning, and let's get it right, not just
| for ourselves but for our children," said
| McGinn.
`----

http://www.king5.com/news/Microsofts-big-520-advertisement-85031317.html

Related:

Cambridge company says Microsoft lease is unfair

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.wickedlocal.com/cambridge/news/x1972380788/Cambridge-company-says-Microsoft-lease-unfair