Re: [Rival] Melinda Gates 'Plants' Self-congratulatory 'Articles' in the Paper Whose Board She Controls

____/ Rex Ballard on Thursday 25 Feb 2010 00:52 : \____

> On Feb 24, 11:52 am, Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>

>> A Health Researcher is Paid Higher Salary Than President Obama's
>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | At least a quarter of a million to half a
>> | million Africans could be provided health
>> | care with what is spent on that single
>> | salary.
>> `----
>
> And knowing how Bill hires, he probably expects this person to be able
> to provide health care to at least 10 million people.  Whatever you
> say about Bill Gates, he knows how to leverage his investments in ways
> that provide extraordinary results for the amount of money spent.
> That's why he had 85% operating margins when he ran Microsoft.  Too
> bad Steve isn't doing as well.
>

>> http://globalfoundationforhealthresearch.blogspot.com/2010/01/health-...
>

>> PPS and the philanthro-capitalists
>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | The free market approach to enrollment and
>> | funding is a demonstrable failure in
>> | Portland, when measured by access to
>> | educational opportunity. Unless the
>> | district is willing to significantly reduce
>> | opportunity for the white middle class,
>> | thereâs no way they can pay for equity of
>> | opportunity without balancing enrollment,
>> | that is, by curtailing school choice. This
>> | is a significant element of the high school
>> | plan. With it, the district appears to be
>> | forging a path independent of current
>> | trends pushed by Gates, at least for high
>> | schools.
>
> Our public schools need a major overhaul.  The public school system
> was originally instituted by Teddy Roosevelt around 1905.  At that
> time, 90% of the students lived and worked on farms.  They were
> expected to be home in time to help with chores such as the afternoon
> milking, collecting eggs, and other productive tasks.  During the
> spring and summer, they were expected to help with plowing, weeding,
> and harvesting of the crops.  Often BOTH parents were at the farm
> waiting, and if the kids were late, one of the parents would be ready
> to apply the switch or the belt.
>
> Today, 95% of the kids live in cities, the parents that they live with
> work, and the kids often go unsupervised 3 hours or more.  During the
> summer, most of the students have no adult supervision at all.  After
> a week or two of television, they get bored, and want to find other
> things to do, especially with other kids.  In low-income
> neighborhoods, the adults who are around during the day, as well as
> the older kids, are usually involved with drugs, prostitution, and
> various criminal enterprises.  In middle-income neighborhoods, you
> might have some sort of adult supervision available, the guy who is
> collecting disability because he overdosed on drugs and now has a bad
> heart.  Worse, the guy who is so eager to help out with the youth at
> the local church, might also be a pedophile.
>
> Kids don't even have to call their parents on the cell phone anymore
> [...]

How about addressing the fact that the Gates family is telling schools what to
teach and what not to teach? The same applies to the press (Gates funds
journalists in areas that affect him/his investments and also book authors).

I'm not talking about Murdoch and others by the way. Two "evils" don't make
any one of them less evil.

"Mary had a little key,/She kept it in escrow/And everything that Mary
sent/The Feds were sure to know." -- Sam Simpson
roy      pts/0        :0               Fri Feb 12 10:02   still logged in