[News] A Glimpse at Southern California Linux Expo Presentations

  • Subject: [News] A Glimpse at Southern California Linux Expo Presentations
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 16:48:56 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Southern California Linux Expo(SCaLE 8x) Recap

,----[ Quote ]
| If you are an open source fan or vendor and
| can make the trip, I highly recommend
| attending to SCale 9x next February.
`----

http://socializedsoftware.com/2010/02/23/southern-california-linux-exposcale-8x-recap/

The Five Stages of Benchmark Loss

,----[ Quote ]
| This weekend at the Southern California Linux
| Expo in Los Angeles, Matthew Tippett and I
| presented a talk entitled Five Stages of
| Benchmark Loss: PTS and You. In this hour-long
| talk, we covered Linux benchmarking, what has
| been learned over the years of benchmarking at
| Phoronix, the Phoronix Test Suite, and the
| five stages that users and developers
| generally go through when they lose out on
| benchmarking results. For those that were
| unable to attend this event, here are the
| slides and recordings.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=pts_scale_2010&num=1

Recent:

Red Hat Headlines Southern California Linux Expo

,----[ Quote ]
| Red Hat, Inc. (NYSE: RHT), the world's
| leading provider of open source solutions,
| and the Fedora Project, a Red Hat sponsored
| and community-supported open source
| collaboration project, today announced they
| will deliver a keynote address and
| additional presentations at the eighth
| annual Southern California Linux Expo
| (SCALE). SCALE is one of the largest Linux
| conferences in the region, attracting
| enterprise and industry professionals along
| with smaller businesses, non-profit
| industries and Linux enthusiasts.
`----

http://www.businesswire.com/portal/site/home/permalink/?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20100218005408&newsLang=en