[News] Red Hat Benefiting from Growth of Servers, RHEL 5.5 Reviewed (Beta)

  • Subject: [News] Red Hat Benefiting from Growth of Servers, RHEL 5.5 Reviewed (Beta)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 17:13:43 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

RHT Poised To Benefit From Shift To Cloud Computing

,----[ Quote ]
| Analysts at JMP Securities believe that Red
| Hat (NASDAQ: RHT) appears well positioned to
| benefit from the shift to cloud computing,
| especially at the OS level with RHEL.
`----

http://www.benzinga.com/analyst-ratings/analyst-color/140327/rht-poised-to-benefit-from-shift-to-cloud-computing

CloudLinux OS: Standing Out in the Linux Crowd?

,----[ Quote ]
| In the meantime, Seletskiy says CloudLinux
| OS can run applications designed for Red Hat
| Enterprise Linux and CentOS (the community
| version of Red Hat).
`----

http://www.thevarguy.com/2010/02/23/cloudlinux-os-standing-out-in-the-linux-crowd/

RHEL 5.5 - extra lube for your KVMs

,----[ Quote ]
| So what did I make of the RHEL 5.5 beta? I
| found it to be, well, quite nice. It was my
| first exposure to RHEL directly, though I'm
| familiar with CentOS, and indeed, aside from
| the prominent Red Hat branding, things
| looked and behaved much like CentOS.
|
| [...]
|
| Ahead of that release, I'd say the beta
| provides a solid update for RHEL. The new
| KVM tools and additional device support will
| make RHEL 5.5 well worth the upgrade when
| the final release does arrive later this
| year.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/02/23/red_hat_5_5_review/

Recent:

How to make KVM virtual machines in Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.4

,----[ Quote ]
| Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 5.4 is the
| first enterprise Linux distribution that
| natively supports Kernel-based Virtual
| Machine (KVM) virtual machines (VMs).
| Previously, I covered how to set up RHEL as a
| KVM host. Here I explain how to create KVM
| VMs in a host. The easiest way to create a
| KVM virtual machine is through the virt-
| manager interface. Start this utility from a
| console window, and type the virt-manager
| command from an administrative account.
`----

http://searchnetworking.techtarget.com.au/articles/37408-How-to-make-KVM-virtual-machines-in-Red-Hat-Enterprise-Linux-5-4

Related:

CentOS 5.4 released

,----[ Quote ]
| The CentOS developers have announced the
| availability of version 5.4 for i386 and x86-64
| architectures. CentOS 5.4 is a free Linux
| distribution based on the source of Red Hat
| Enterprise Linux 5.4 (RHEL), which was released
| at the beginning of September. The 5.4 release
| includes several changes over version 5.3
| including both new and updated packages based
| on RHEL 5.4 and custom changes by the CentOS
| developers.
`----

http://www.h-online.com/open/news/item/CentOS-5-4-released-836325.html

Centos 5.4 is out! Upgrade centos 5.3 to 5.4

http://www.unixmen.com/linux-tutorials/493-centos-54-is-out-upgrade-centos-53-to-54