[News] A Look at the Newly-released PC-BSD 8.0

  • Subject: [News] A Look at the Newly-released PC-BSD 8.0
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 17:45:25 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

PC-BSD 8.0 Released For A Polished, Friendlier FreeBSD Desktop

,----[ Quote ]
| FreeBSD 8.0 was released in November with a
| number of improvements and various performance
| enhancements as our FreeBSD benchmarks have
| shown, but if the text-based installation
| process has put you off from installing this
| popular BSD distribution or other usability
| challenges, there's no reason to fear any
| longer. The PC-BSD project has finally come
| out with their stable PC-BSD 8.0 release that
| is derived from FreeBSD 8.0 but with much
| desktop-oriented love and its friendlier
| installer and package management system.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=pcbsd_8&num=1

PC-BSD 8 installation guide

http://linuxbsdos.com/2010/02/24/pc-bsd-8-installation-guide/

Recent:

FreeBSD and the GPL

,----[ Quote ]
| Linus Torvalds has said Linux wouldn't have
| happened if 386BSD had been around when he
| started up. We trace the history of FreeBSD and
| how it's affected the open source world.
`----

http://www.itpro.co.uk/620659/freebsd-and-the-gpl

Interview with Kris Moore, PC-BSD

,----[ Quote ]