[News] New Linux 2.6.32 is Released, 2.6.33 Makes Graphics a Lot Better

  • Subject: [News] New Linux 2.6.32 is Released, 2.6.33 Makes Graphics a Lot Better
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 15:32:32 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Stable kernel 2.6.32.9

,----[ Quote ]
| The 2.6.32.9 stable kernel update is
| available. There are over 90 fixes in this
| update, quite a few of which are security-
| related. Subscribers can refer to our
| detailed summary for more information on
| the changes in this release.
`----

http://lwn.net/Articles/375826/rss

Linux 2.6.33 Boosts Graphics, Dumps Android

,----[ Quote ]
| The Linux 2.6.33 kernel is the first new
| kernel release of 2010 and follows the
| 2.6.32 kernel release by nearly three
| months. Key to the new update are
| enhancements in graphics and storage
| capabilities.
`----

http://www.linuxplanet.com/linuxplanet/reports/6992/1/

XGI Working On Big Linux Patch For Big Feature

,----[ Quote ]
| This is what XGI's Jong Lin wrote today to
| the xorg-devel mailing list. It looks like
| Jonh is getting ready to send a batch of
| patches to the list, but apparently the
| patches are big because of "big features"
| (hopefully more than just EXA) so Jong is
| concerned about the length. We'll see what
| patches end up getting submitted.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=ODAxMQ

Recent:

Kernel Log: Coming in 2.6.33 (Part 4) - Architecture and virtualisation

,----[ Quote ]
| Several changes to the X86 and KVM code are to
| speed up the kernel's own hypervisor. The
| kernel developers once again revised and
| considerably extended the still emerging
| tracing infrastructure. The Power and PowerPC
| code now also supports the Gamecube and Wii
| games consoles.
|
| When releasing Linux 2.6.33-rc7 at the end of
| last week, Linus Torvalds expressed some
| dissatisfaction because the main development
| branch currently contains more flaws than he
| would like. He asked the developers to take
| another close look at the list of known bugs
| in the predecessor of 2.6.33 and indicated
| that he will probably release an eighth RC
| before finalising Linux 2.6.33.
`----

http://www.h-online.com/open/news/item/Kernel-Log-Coming-in-2-6-33-Part-4-Architecture-and-virtualisation-929402.html

Linux 2.6.33-rc7