[News] GNOME Desktop 3 Has New Components

Early peak into Gnome 3âs potential

,----[ Quote ]
| The Gnome 2010 UX Hackfest has been such fun!
| Today is the last day, reckon weâll be
| riotous. It was a wonderful, familiar memory.
| I know not everyone reciprocates (hi hatemail,
| bye hatemail), but I missed you Gnome.
`----

http://blogs.gnome.org/seth/2010/02/26/let-the-wild-rumpus-begin/

"Task Pooper" could revolutionize GNOME desktop

,----[ Quote ]
| The GNOME community's design and usability
| experts gathered for a week-long hackfest
| hosted by Canonical in the UK to shape the
| next major iteration of the GNOME desktop
| environment. GNOME 3, which is tentatively
| scheduled for release in September, will
| introduce new user interface paradigms and
| include an upgraded desktop shell environment.
|
| The participants at the hackfest are aiming to
| improve the usability of existing
| applications, enhance the look and feel of the
| desktop with new theming concepts, and
| brainstorm ideas for extending the
| functionality of the new shell. They are
| actively publishing mockups, design
| documentation, usability notes, and other
| materials that provide insight into their
| vision for the future of GNOME. By reading all
| of this material, I was able to get an
| understanding of their goals and plans.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/open-source/news/2010/02/task-pooper-could-revolutionize-gnome-desktop.ars

Recent:

Gnome 3 Will Be Amazing

,----[ Quote ]
| I am excited. I am really, really excited.
| This should scare you. It scares me. But I
| hope youâll bear with us; and by bear I mean
| âhelp us carry the loadâ. Help us make this
| real! Help us refine the bad parts! Help us
| eliminate the bad sub-designs! Help us shoot
| flames from our eyes and launch dragons from
| our missile tubes. Help us break granite
| with our faces. Descend with us, little
| lambs, into the labyrinth of chasomagic.
`----

http://blogs.gnome.org/seth/2010/02/24/gnome-3-will-be-amazing/

GNOME UX Hackfest Photos

http://mairin.wordpress.com/2010/02/23/gnome-ux-hackfest-photos/

GNOME 2.29.91 Beta Available

http://www.freetechie.com/blog/gnome-2-29-91-beta-available/

GNOME Shell 2.29.0 with new notification system

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.h-online.com/open/news/item/GNOME-Shell-2-29-0-with-new-notification-system-939299.html