[News] Phoronix Test Suite Becomes a GNU/Linux Distribution

  • Subject: [News] Phoronix Test Suite Becomes a GNU/Linux Distribution
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 21:26:04 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

PTS Desktop Live 2010.1: Phoronix Test Suite 2.4.1 in a Live CD

,----[ Quote ]
| PTS Desktop Live 2010.1, codenamed "Anzhofen,"
| a live DVD distribution designed solely to run
| the Phoronix Testing Suite, has now been
| released, bringing the comprehensive
| benchmarking and testing software suite to
| those that want the most accurate results.
| Like previous releases, it's based on the
| popular Ubuntu Linux distribution and PTS
| Desktop Live 2010.1 comes with the latest
| Phoronix Test Suite 2.4.1. The idea is to give
| users a standard software stack to run the
| testing suite ensuring that the underlying
| operating system doesn't interfere with the
| validity of the results.
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/PTS-Desktop-Live-2010-1-Phoronix-Test-Suite-2-4-1-in-a-Live-CD-135981.shtml

Recent:

Benchmark Your System With PTS Desktop Live [Linux]

,----[ Quote ]
| One of my favorite activities is to compare
| new hardware with old after an upgrade. One
| of yours might be to show your best friend
| how much better your machine rocks than his
| (or vice versa). Remember, the best feature
| of the Phoronix Test Suite Desktop is the
| FUN!
`----

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/benchmark-your-system-with-pts-desktop-live-linux/

Phoronix Test Suite 2.0, PTS Desktop Live 2009.3 Released

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=pts_20_release&num=1