[News] Promising Features in Ubuntu GNU/Linux 10.04 (Out Next Month)

  • Subject: [News] Promising Features in Ubuntu GNU/Linux 10.04 (Out Next Month)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2010 08:20:26 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

4 Cool New Features in Ubuntu Lucid Lynx Alpha 3

,----[ Quote ]
| Just last week, I was complaining about
| Ubuntuâs lack of built-in support for
| iPhones and newer iPods. Personally, I
| think this functionality is important if
| Ubuntu wants to grow in the consumer
| market. With the release of Lucid Alpha 3,
| I saw a couple of reports saying that
| iPhone and iPod Touch support was included
| out of the box. So, I plugged in my iPod
| Touch and was amazed to see it not only
| show up on my desktop, but also working
| inside Rhythmbox!
`----

http://www.starryhope.com/linux/ubuntu/2010/4-cool-new-features-in-ubuntu-lucid-lynx-alpha-3/

Ubuntu Lucid Makes Scanning Simple

,----[ Quote ]
| Canonical is aiming to make the task of
| scanning documents super simple with
| version 10.04 Lucid Lynx. Canonical
| developer Robert Ancell is working on
| Simple Scan, a great little program that
| does exactly what it claims â it makes
| scanning documents simple! Simple Scan is
| now the default scanning software in
| Lucid.
`----

http://www.starryhope.com/linux/ubuntu/2010/ubuntu-lucid-makes-scanning-simple/

Ubuntu 10.4: My first impressions

,----[ Quote ]
| Ubuntu 10.4 is going to be an exciting
| release. I am only hoping that Canonical
| will get the music added as well as the

| stability of the Ubuntu Software Center
| and the themes straightened out. Other
| than that, you can finally look forward to
| that heralded 10 second boot time you have
| been waiting for!
`----

http://www.ghacks.net/2010/02/27/ubuntu-10-4-my-first-impressions/

Confirmed: Ubuntu 10.04 Supports iPhone / iPod Touch Out Of The Box

,----[ Quote ]
| Yesterday we wrote about a post on
| ubuntuforums where a user reported that
| the latest Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx Alpha 3
| supports his iPhone 3GS out of the box.
`----

http://www.webupd8.org/2010/02/confirmed-ubuntu-1004-supports-iphone.html

FCM: Issue 34

,----[ Quote ]
| This month:
|
| View recent activity or close this.
|
|     * Issue 34 is on the horizon!
|     * Full Circle Podcast #1: Stop Wine-
|     ing and Go Native!
|     * Issue 33 is out: creating a media
|     center, education, and sync
|     * A new year, a new decade, and a new
|     issue #32!
|     * We have ads now?
|     * Issue 31 is out and about
|     * Weâve hit thirty!
|     * Issue 29 is here!
`----

http://fullcirclemagazine.org/issue-34/

Ubuntu Lucid Lynx (10.04 LTS) Alpha 3 is here

,----[ Quote ]
| I'm not the type to run alpha software.
| Even beta is too cutting-edge for me. I'm
| a bit better about release candidates, but
| I tend to wait for the official release
| (or preferably a few months after that)
| before I put something into my production
| flow.
`----

http://insidesocal.com/click/2010/02/ubuntu-lucid-lynx-1004-lts-alp.html

Recent:

Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynxâs Social Networking Features

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://jordanhall.co.uk/ubuntu-linux/ubuntu-10-04-lucid-lynxs-social-networking-features-0801414/