[News] Microsoft Almost Pulls Its "Letters from Dead People" Trick Once Again to Continue Crimes

  • Subject: [News] Microsoft Almost Pulls Its "Letters from Dead People" Trick Once Again to Continue Crimes
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2010 10:00:35 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Inundated with Hundreds of Identical Emails from Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]
| 2. County executive Dow Constantine was
| inundated with hundreds of identical
| emails from Microsoft employees yesterday,
| imploring him to âuse your leadership to
| make sure the [520 bridge] project remains
| on track.â
|
| The text of the emails was copied and
| pasted from Microsoftâs new âLetâs Moveâ
| web site, part of a pricey new campaign by
| the Redmond company to defeat a proposal
| by Mayor Mike McGinn and House Speaker
| Frank Chopp (D-43) to revisit the idea of
| putting light rail or bus-rapid  transit
| on the bridge.
`----

http://www.publicola.net/2010/02/25/inundated-with-hundreds-of-identical-emails-from-microsoft/

BoingBoing: House Bill Gives Microsoft Amnesty for Possible $1 Billion in Unpaid Taxes

,----[ Quote ]
| That BoingBoing headline--"Broke-ass
| Washington state set to give MSFT $100M
| annual tax cut and amnesty for $1B in
| evasion"--should make the people (well,
| Jeff Reifman) at Microsoft Tax Dodge
| happy--they've been wondering where the
| Seattle Times has been on this issue. Who
| needs old media? BoingBoing is here.
`----

http://thesunbreak.com/2010/02/22/boingboing-house-bill-gives-microsoft-amnesty-for-possible-1-billion-in-unpaid-taxes

Itâs Time to Move Forward on the Highway 520 Bridge Replacement

http://www.rdmag.com/News/Feeds/2010/02/information-tech-it-s-time-to-move-forward-on-the-highway-520-bridg/

Mayor McGinn pokes Microsoft's CEO in the eye

,----[ Quote ]
| In an astonishingly cheeky letter to
| Ballmer, McGinn granted no merit to
| Microsoft's position of wanting to adopt
| the current consensus plan for expanding
| 520; told Ballmer to "share my response
| with your employees"; and invited Ballmer
| to "discuss this important project in a
| town hall with you and fellow Microsoft
| employees on your campus in Redmond."
`----

http://crosscut.com/blog/crosscut/19354/

Mayor Sends Letter To Microsoft Regarding 520 Bridge Plans

http://www.kirotv.com/news/22664192/detail.html

McGinn to Microsoft on 520: Walk the talk

,----[ Quote ]
| State Sen. Ed Murray said it was like a
| "punch in the face," and Seattle Mayor
| Mike McGinn implied that Microsoft was
| being a hypocrite.
`----

http://blog.seattlepi.com/seattlepolitics/archives/195540.asp

Microsoft Plays Hardball Over New 520 Floating Bridge

http://www.kirotv.com/news/22651650/detail.html

Seattle mayor wants town hall with Microsoft CEO

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2011186368_apwamicrosoftfloatingbridge.html

Related:

Microsoft puppets spamming ANSI

,----[ Quote ]