[News] FlightGear 2.0 for GNU/Linux is Out, More 'Fun'

  • Subject: [News] FlightGear 2.0 for GNU/Linux is Out, More 'Fun'
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2010 08:02:23 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

FlightGear 2.0

,----[ Quote ]
| Version 2.0.0 of FlightGear, an open source
| flight simulator, has been released. Major
| new developments and features in this release
| includes the following:
|
|     * Dramatic new 3D clouds
|     * Dramatic lighting conditions
`----

http://www.linuxgames.com/archives/14816

ImageMagick Fun

,----[ Quote ]
| The âfunâ in the title should be read in your
| most sarcastic tone of voiceâ Anyways, one of
| my professors mailed us a PDF of a scanned
| document to read (and print out) for the next
| class. Being that is was scanned in (by what
| appeared to be the professor literally
| holding it above a scanner) there was a lot
| of excess black in the picture.
|
| I donât know about you, but printing 2 large
| blocks of solid black, for 22 pages, doesnât
| sound like a wise investment of toner. But
| ah! Why donât I just crop off the excess part
| of each page so that just the scanned-in text
| is visible, and print that out? This has to
| be easy, right?
`----

http://www.purinchu.net/wp/2010/02/28/imagemagick-fun/

Related:

Gaming: Flightgear 1.0.0 Released

,----[ Quote ]
| Despite the unbelievable attention to detail, Flightgear can be played on a
| rather modest PC. However the better the PC, the better it looks and runs so
| those with the latest, greatest 3D cards can still enjoy the extra beauty and
| a smoother experience.
`----

http://linux.wordpress.com/2007/12/20/gaming-flightgear-100-released/

FlightGear takes off

,----[ Quote ]
| FlightGear is a multiplatform, GPLed flight simulator. It is
| sophisticated, realistic, and extensible. You can choose to fly
| more than 100 different aircraft, ranging from a Sopwith Camel to a UFO,
| you can take off and land from thousands of airports, and you can fly over
| virtually any terrain in the world. After 10 years of development, it has
| suddenly become a very hot item. How hot? You may have seen it used
| recently on prime time TV and not realized it. It was used in an episode of
| Fox TV's legal drama Justice to prove pilot error in the fatal crash of a
| private plane.

Linux and Video Game Trends

,----[ Quote ]
`----