[News] KDE SC Features, Praising, and Planning

  • Subject: [News] KDE SC Features, Praising, and Planning
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2010 08:03:56 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

KDESC 4.3+: Video, Music, Image and Document Preview in Dolphin

,----[ Quote ]
| The left circle shows the Preview Mode
| Button. We will expand on this option
| below.
|
| On the right is the Information Panel,
| which in addition to showing info about
| the file (type, size, modified etc.),
| will allow you to preview the majority of
| files (Text, Image, PDF, Open Document).
| This happens after you select a file or
| hover your mouse over it.
`----

http://www.mygnulinux.com/?p=576

KDE 4.4: Does It Work Yet?

,----[ Quote ]
| If youâre a KDE fan, itâs time to jump in
| at version 4.4.0. It does work. I
| appreciate what the KDE developers have
| accomplished with this new version and am
| anxiously awaiting a look at KDE 5.0.
`----

http://www.linux-mag.com/cache/7712/1.html

Using Tabs in the Taskbar: Improving Desktop-Application Integration, Visual Hierarchy, and Usability in KDE

,----[ Quote ]
| These ideas are also very preliminary and
| would require further thought,
| consideration of edge cases, prototyping,
| and testing. Mostly, this is just thinking
| aloud to see what others think about this
| idea.
`----

http://www.obso1337.org/2010/using-tabs-in-the-taskbar/

I moved to Konqueror (earlier today).