[News] Spanish Mini-MAFIAA (Wannabes) and Windows Botmasters Face the Government

  • Subject: [News] Spanish Mini-MAFIAA (Wannabes) and Windows Botmasters Face the Government
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2010 09:49:47 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Spanish Indie Labels To Sue The Gov't For Not Stopping File Sharing

,----[ Quote ]
| This is pretty disappointing. Last year, I
| actually bought a bunch of CDs (yes, physical
| CDs) from an indie label in Spain that I only
| heard about after a friend sent me some MP3s
| suggesting I might like a couple of the bands
| on the label. After checking out their
| websites (and being able to listen to some of
| the songs) I ended up ordering a bunch of CDs
| from the label. Just last week, I bought two
| more albums (downloads, via CDBaby) from the
| same label. Yet, according to these labels
| (and I can't tell if the label whose CDs I
| purchased is part of the lawsuit), they would
| have been better off suing my friend. Indie
| labels should be leading the way here:
| focusing on giving fans real reasons to buy,
| rather than suing the government for not
| putting up more protectionist barriers to
| pretend it can hold back what the technology
| allows.
`----

http://techdirt.com/articles/20100302/0237008356.shtml

Spanish police arrest masterminds of 'massive' botnet

Spanish Police Take Down Massive Mariposa Botnet

,----[ Quote ]
| Spanish authorities have arrested three men
| in an operation that has crushed a major
| botnet network of infected computers.
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/190634/spanish_police_take_down_massive_mariposa_botnet.html

Recent:

Ofcom to charge terminated downloaders to appeal

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.techeye.net/security/ofcom-to-charge-terminated-downloaders-to-appeal