[News] Web Standards Make Progress, Beat Flash

  • Subject: [News] Web Standards Make Progress, Beat Flash
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 06 Mar 2010 07:31:54 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

HTML5 WG Working Drafts published

,----[ Quote ]
| All six of the HTML5 Working Drafts have
| been published by the W3C HTML Working
| Group. The working drafts are the latest
| step forward in creating the future HTML5
| standards. The core document is the HTML5
| specification draft, which is accompanied
| by drafts of HTML5 differences from HTML4
| and HTML: The Markup Language.
|
| Also published are the working drafts for
| the recently contentious HTML+RDFa, HTML
| Microdata and HTML Canvas 2D Context
| specifications which cover embedded
| attribute data, embedded semantic metadata
| and 2D drawing and animation within HTML5.
| These elements of the proposed HTML5
| standard were separated into their own
| documents to make the standard more
| modular.
`----

http://www.h-online.com/open/news/item/HTML5-WG-Working-Drafts-published-946903.html

Virgin America Ditches Adobe Flash for New Site

,----[ Quote ]
| As the battle between HTML5 and Adobe Flash
| continues to heat up, Virgin America has
| chosen a side: its brand new web site
| design ditches Flash in favor of HTML.
`----

http://mashable.com/2010/03/03/virgin-america-ditches-flash/

POSIX IO Must Die!

,----[ Quote ]
| POSIX IO is becoming a serious impediment
| to IO performance and scaling. POSIX is one
| of the standards that enabled portable
| programs and POSIX IO is the portion of the
| standard surrounding IO. But as the world
| of storage evolves with greatly increasing
| capacities and greatly increasing
| performance, it is time for POSIX IO to
| evolve or die.
`----

http://www.linux-mag.com/cache/7711/1.html

Recent:

The best way for Adobe to save Flash is by killing it

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.stevenwei.com/2010/01/31/the-best-way-for-adobe-to-save-flash-is-by-killing-it/