[News] Google's Return to Linux Kernel Space (Mainline) Expected, Good Graphics New

  • Subject: [News] Google's Return to Linux Kernel Space (Mainline) Expected, Good Graphics New
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 06 Mar 2010 22:59:52 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Google open source guru says Android code will be in Linux kernel in time

,----[ Quote ]
| Googleâs Android code will assume its
| rightful place in the Linux kernel â in
| good time, the companyâs top open source
| guru says.
|
| The Android code was stripped out of the
| last kernel release, version 2.6.33, after
| Google reportedly failed to provide
| necessary changes and subsystem code
| required by kernel.org.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/open-source/?p=5992&tag=col1;post-5992

The Possibility Of Nouveau 1.0.0?

,----[ Quote ]
| Following the very heated kernel DRM
| discussion that came about as the result
| of a major interface break in the Nouveau
| DRM code, David Airlie has asked on the
| Nouveau mailing list about potentially
| releasing Nouveau 1.0.0. Right now the
| Nouveau interface is at 0.0.16 and is
| wondering if developers will accept just
| renaming the current code to version
| 1.0.0.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=ODAzNQ

An Explosive Battle Over Nouveau Kernel DRM

,----[ Quote ]
| Breaking the Nouveau interface for the
| kernel DRM is causing the X.Org Server to
| stop working with this driver and forces
| the user to upgrade their non-kernel
| Nouveau drivers. While the Nouveau driver
| just entered the Linux 2.6.33 kernel
| unexpectedly at the request of Linus
| Torvalds himself, he is now outraged over
| this interface breaking.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=ODAzMw

Recent: