[News] Satisfactory Applications for GNU/Linux Video Editing, eBooks

  • Subject: [News] Satisfactory Applications for GNU/Linux Video Editing, eBooks
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 06 Mar 2010 23:00:43 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Linux Video Editing with Openshot

,----[ Quote ]
| In an earlier post I spoke of different
| pieces of software I had been using to rip
| my DVDs to media files, never content to
| just leave things as they are I took to
| piecing bits and chunks of various episode
| clips together. I tried a few different
| Linux video editors including Kino (a KDE
| staple), PiTiVi (to be included by default
| in Ubuntu 10.04), and Cinelerra. After
| playing with all of these for a short
| while I still was not satisfied with that
| these where the best pieces of FOSS
| software for Linux video editing. I was
| right, I soon came across one of the
| newest contenders to the world of Linux
| Video editing...
`----

http://jeffhoogland.blogspot.com/2010/03/linux-video-editing-with-openshot.html

Lucidor: Simple eBook Reader for Ubuntu

,----[ Quote ]
| Lucidor is a computer program for reading and
| handling e-books. Lucidor supports e-books in
| the EPUB file format, and catalogs in the
| OPDS format. Lucidor runs on the GNU/Linux,
| Windows and Mac OS X platforms.
`----

http://crenk.com/lucidor-simple-ebook-reader-for-ubuntu/

Recent:

OpenShot â Finally, An Excellent Free Video Editor For Linux

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/openshot-finally-excellent-video-editor-linux/