[News] KDE SC 4.5 Already Under Way - Innovative Features Explained

  • Subject: [News] KDE SC 4.5 Already Under Way - Innovative Features Explained
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 06 Mar 2010 23:12:53 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

awesome pastebin workflows

,----[ Quote ]
| There is some documentation about this
| very cool Plasma widget on Userbase and
| someone even uploaded a screencast to
| Youtube showing it in action.
`----

http://aseigo.blogspot.com/2010/03/awesome-pastebin-workflows.html

Copy your clipboard to the pastebin

,----[ Quote ]
| After that you should be able to send your
| clipboard to the pastebin with one
| selection (to copy text into clipboard),
| one hotkey (to trigger Klipper actions)
| and one click (to choose between different
| highlighters). You can paste the URL with
| a single click on the middle button of
| your mouse. You donât even have to open
| the pastebin page yourself!
`----

http://salout.github.com/blog/2010/03/03/awesome_klipper_workflow.html

Small systemtray change

,----[ Quote ]
| This has been done pretty early in the 4.5
| cycle, so it's still open for change,
| feedback and the due bugfixes :)
`----

http://www.notmart.org/index.php/Software/Small_systemtray_change

Let me tell you where to put the buttonsâ

,----[ Quote ]
| You really donât want me to tell you where
| to put them, as you might not like the
| answer. However, with KDE, you can put the
| buttons wherever you would like Daviey,
| Mike, and everyone else.
`----

http://blog.nixternal.com/2010.03.05/let-me-tell-you-where-to-put-the-buttons/

Feel a ânatural flowâ in your desktop (Panel at the top)

,----[ Quote ]
| As my friends know, Iâm addicted to read
| KDE/Free Software/Open Source/etc.. blogs
| when taking my morning coffee, and what
| Iâm going to explain is a good example of
| why I love it.
|
| Before continuing reading, be aware that
| Iâm not an usability guy, I lack any kind
| of design or usability
| sense/knowledgement, In fact, I have been
| Iâm using KDE for years and I never
| succeed to configure my desktop in a
| beautiful way (only by copying the others
| configs), so please keep that in your mind
| when you read this post.
`----

http://www.afiestas.org/feel-a-natural-flow-in-your-desktop-panel-at-the-top/

keeping it (our source code) together

,----[ Quote ]
| There is a git migration project that is
| making progress week by week. The project
| is documented on Techbase and can use more
| hands. It can also use our support, e.g.
| those two projects who still have svn
| externals in key places that we can't just
| ignore (Oxygen and kget) really need to
| get moving on that (or face more dire
| results like finding the code migrated one
| day in a poor state, e.g. with code being
| copied around or files commented out of
| the build).
`----

http://aseigo.blogspot.com/2010/02/keeping-it-our-source-code-together.html