[News] New Releases: FFmpeg 0.5.1, GRUB 1.98, Netbeans-VCLTesttool Plugin, CAOS Theory Episode

  • Subject: [News] New Releases: FFmpeg 0.5.1, GRUB 1.98, Netbeans-VCLTesttool Plugin, CAOS Theory Episode
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2010 08:59:51 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

FFmpeg 0.5.1 Maintenance Release

,----[ Quote ]
| The 0.5.1 release, however, doesn't have
| anything too exciting in store for it beyond
| clearing up some bugs, security problems,
| licensing issues, and packaging problems.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=ODAyOQ

GRUB 1.98 released.

,----[ Quote ]
| I'm proud to announce the release of GNU GRUB
| version 1.98.
`----

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/grub-devel/2010-03/msg00017.html

Netbeans plugin for editing VCLTesttool scripts

,----[ Quote ]
| I have written a Netbeans plugin for
| editing test scripts for the VCLTesttool.
|
| Here is a screen shot showing Netbeans
| where the plugin is used.
`----

http://blogs.sun.com/GullFOSS/entry/netbeans_plugin_for_writing_vcltesttool

CAOS Theory Podcast 2010.03.05

,----[ Quote ]
| Topics for this podcast:
|
| *Novell gets unsolicited bid
| *More deals and drive for devops
| *Dual licensing debated
| *Patent and IP deals, fights involve open
| source
`----

http://blogs.the451group.com/opensource/2010/03/05/caos-theory-podcast-2010-03-05/

Recent:

New GRUB2 Build Brings Official Release Closer

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NzkyMA