[News] Former *Paid* Microsoft Employee and Shill (TE) Michael Gartenberg Attacks Linux Again

  • Subject: [News] Former *Paid* Microsoft Employee and Shill (TE) Michael Gartenberg Attacks Linux Again
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2010 22:28:32 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Microsoft is getting very desperate. It relies on known shills attacking Linux with lies over and over again

"Opinion: Linux on the desktop: Still not happening"

Said the Microsoft TE. Again.

Ha!! Shame on IDG for publishing this nonesense despite the obvious conflict of interests.

Related:

Evangelist Gartenberg back to being analyst

,----[ Quote ]
| After only three weeks at Microsoft as an "evangelist," Michael
| Gartenberg is returning to his old job as vice president and
| research director at JupiterResearch.
`----

http://news.com.com/2061-10805_3-6165381.html?part=rss&tag=2547-1_3-0-20&subj=news

Netbook OS Shouldn't Matter, But It Does

,----[ Quote ]
| Last week we heard about the first Android-powered Netbook (which I wrote
| about in First Android Netbook Nothing to Write Home About). Then on Friday,
| analyst Michael Gartenberg, who is VP of Strategy at Interpret, and who
| writes frequently about consumer technology sent the following Tweet:
|
| Is Android's future in Netbooks? NO! of course not.
|
| I tweeted back:
|
| @Gartenberg Not exclusively, but I could see Android being a viable Netbook
| OS.
|
| And Gartenberg replied:
|
| @ron_miller hard to see it. not the right apps and no better than Linux.
| Linux Netbook return rate is huge.

Desktop Linux: Actually Better than Windows in alot of ways

.----
`----

http://digg.com/linux_unix/Desktop_Linux_Actually_Better_than_Windows_in_alot_of_ways