[News] Five Productivity Tools That Are FOSS, Top 10 FOSS Downloads

  • Subject: [News] Five Productivity Tools That Are FOSS, Top 10 FOSS Downloads
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 23:51:03 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

5 Open Source Resources For Boosting Your Productivity

,----[ Quote ]
| No matter how smart a worker you are, there
| are plenty of open source tools that can make
| you more productive. They range from hugely
| useful Firefox extensions such as iMacros
| (which lets you record repetitive, multi-step
| tasks and then execute them with one click) to
| collaboration applications for efficient co-
| working. Here, you'll find five of our best
| posts and collections on productivity
| enhancement tools. Everything found here is
| free.
`----

http://ostatic.com/blog/5-open-source-resources-for-boosting-your-productivity

The 10 Most Downloaded Open Source Apps Of All Time!

,----[ Quote ]
| So, I used metrics gathered from
| SourceForge.net to compile this list. I think
| the results show some interesting things about
| computer users the world over. Here they are
| along with the total number of downloads for
| each one. NOTE: this list does not include
| open source projects outside of SourceForge.
| Enjoy.
|
| 1. eMule â 520,970,337 downloads: The most
| popular open source download of all time is a
| peer-to-peer file sharing client. What does
| this tell you?
`----

http://geektrio.net/?p=1847

Related:

Explaining Software Freedom to a Beginner

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://trombonechamp.wordpress.com/2008/07/04/explaining-software-freedom-to-a-beginner/