[News] New Stuff From Mozilla, Improvements Under Way

  • Subject: [News] New Stuff From Mozilla, Improvements Under Way
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 23:56:49 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Mozilla Jetpack flies out of laboratory into loving arms of Firefox

,----[ Quote ]
| Mozilla has promoted its web extensions
| prototype package - Jetpack - by pushing it
| upstairs and readying it for production with
| its Firefox browser.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/03/10/mozilla_jetpack_sdk_released/

Updating the Mozilla Public License

,----[ Quote ]
| Twelve years ago I spent the month of March
| frantically drafting version 1.0 of the
| Mozilla Public License. That was a public
| process, a part of the launch of the Mozilla
| project. Approximately a year later we
| created the 1.1 version.
`----

http://blog.lizardwrangler.com/2010/03/10/updating-the-mozilla-public-license/

Mozilla refreshes its open-source backbone

,----[ Quote ]
| Ten years on, Mozilla has concluded that its
| open-source underpinnings are due for a
| refresh.
|
| The Firefox browser and Thunderbird email
| software are governed by the Mozilla Public
| License, which determines what rights and
| restrictions apply to programmers who want
| to use the software in their own projects,
| extend it in various ways, or just peek at
| the programming instructions that underlie
| the software.
`----

http://www.zdnet.com.au/news/software/soa/Mozilla-refreshes-its-open-source-backbone/0,130061733,339301692,00.htm

Recent:

Mozilla's Drumbeat Beats to an Open Web

,----[ Quote ]
| In Mozilla's world, the Firefox Web browser is
| but a mere battle in a larger war, one that's
| aimed at punching holes through closed,
| proprietary Web platforms of all kinds. What's
| on the horizon? According to Mozilla executive
| director Mark Surman, the future of Mozilla's
| involvement in the Web is perhaps best
| exemplified by its new Drumbeat initiative.

Mozilla releases second Firefox 4.0 preview

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.h-online.com/open/news/item/Mozilla-releases-second-Firefox-4-0-preview-945905.html