[News] Free/Libre CMS Software Continues to Win Contracts, Drizzle Complements MySQL

  • Subject: [News] Free/Libre CMS Software Continues to Win Contracts, Drizzle Complements MySQL
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 23:58:37 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

City of Athens using Drupal

,----[ Quote ]
| Athens is a large city (3.5 million
| residents and 6 million tourists each year),
| with a large tourism base due in part to its
| role in the 2004 Olympic Games. To support
| the city's needs, the site includes a large
| calendar of city events, a comprehensive
| map-based index of city services and
| interactive tools that allow citizens to
| access city resources. The site builds on
| Drupal's multilingual capabilities to
| provide information in both Greek and
| English.
`----

http://buytaert.net/city-of-athens-using-drupal

Towards a Beautiful WordPress Future: Automattic Hires Theme Wizard Ian Stewart

,----[ Quote ]
| Stewart is known for his ThemeShaper blog
| and Thematic WordPress theme framework. The
| WordPress community has produced thousands
| of free (and paid) themes, but most are
| intended to be deployed as-is on other
| blogs. The Thematic theme is a framework
| that's designed to be customized and
| extended, and supported a number of child
| themes based on the main Thematic framework.
`----

http://ostatic.com/blog/towards-a-beautiful-wordpress-future-automattic-hires-theme-wizard-ian-stewart

A Bright Future for Drizzle

,----[ Quote ]
| It seems like there's been little but bad
| news and resignations coming from Oracle
| since it finally managed to close the deal
| on Sun. Finally, there's good news in that
| Drizzle seems to have a bright future ahead.
| It just isn't with Oracle.
`----

http://ostatic.com/blog/a-bright-future-for-drizzle

Recent:

Drupal 7.0 Alpha 2 released

,----[ Quote ]
| Our first Drupal 7 alpha version was
| released just over a month ago. Today, we're
| proud to announce the release of the second
| alpha version of Drupal 7.x for your further
| testing and feedback. The first alpha
| announcement provided a comprehensive list
| of improvements made since Drupal 6.x, so in
| this announcement we'll concentrate on how
| you can help ensure that Drupal 7 is
| released as soon as possible and is as rock
| solid as the previous Drupal releases that
| you've grown to love!
`----

http://drupal.org/drupal-7.0-alpha2

Drizzle, Licensing, Having Honest Conversations with your Community

,----[ Quote ]
| I pulled this from a quote on yesterday's
| Slashdot story about MySQL Licensing where
| the author of the quote mentions Drizzle's
| licensing terms:
|
| "you require the code to be under BSD"
|
| This is actually a myth, we don't.
|
| If you look through the Drizzle codebase
| you will note that very few files have BSD
| headers, and all that do?
`----

http://krow.livejournal.com/684329.html

Drizzle plans to wash away DBMS past