[News] [Rival] Apple is Still Hoping to Catch up With Linux (Scheduling)

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Apple is Still Hoping to Catch up With Linux (Scheduling)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2010 16:59:23 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Does the iPhone OS Need Multitasking?

,----[ Quote ]
| Multitasking, or the lack thereof, has been
| one of the most prevalent complaints about
| the iPhone as a serious business
| smartphone--although I am not sure it is
| iPhone users who are doing the complaining.
| The lack of iPhone multitasking was a prime
| target of Verizon's "Droid Does" marketing
| campaign for the Android-based Motorola
| Droid.
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/blogs/bizfeed/191416/does_the_iphone_os_need_multitasking.html?tk=rss_news

Multitasking coming to iPhone?

http://www.itwire.com/your-it-news/mobility/37547-multitasking-coming-to-iphone

No camera on Apple's iPad, after all?

http://www.techworld.com.au/article/339320/no_camera_apple_ipad_after_all?fp=2&fpid=1&rid=1

Apple: underage workers may have built your iPhone

,----[ Quote ]
| That iPhone you adore may have been built by
| a child.
|
| Nearly a dozen underage teens were working
| for Apple-contracted facilities in 2009, the
| company has revealed. The news was posted to
| Apple's Web site under a section labeled
| "Supplier Responsibility."
`----

http://www.techworld.com.au/article/337800/apple_underage_workers_may_built_your_iphone?fp=2&fpid=1&rid=1

Apple makes simplistic toys that look OK. People who want a real computer don't buy from Apple.

Related:

The MacBook Air misses its mark

,----[ Quote ]

`----