[News] Red Hat Has Keynote Spot in Microsoft-Sponsored HSBC, RHEL 5 Turns 3

  • Subject: [News] Red Hat Has Keynote Spot in Microsoft-Sponsored HSBC, RHEL 5 Turns 3
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 21:36:25 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Red Hat CEO Jim Whitehurst to Open 2010 Open Source Business
Conference with Keynote Address on Why Open Source is More
Critical Than Ever

,----[ Quote ]
| Red Hat, Inc.
| /quotes/comstock/13*!rht/quotes/nls/rht
| (RHT  30.76, 0.00, 0.00%) , the world's
| leading provider of open source solutions,
| today announced that President and CEO, Jim
| Whitehurst, will deliver the opening
| keynote address at Open Source Business
| Conference (OSBC) 2010. OSBC brings
| together open source vendors, customers,
| partners and community members to share
| strategies and hear the most current
| thinking on open source from the top
| experts in the field.
`----

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/red-hat-ceo-jim-whitehurst-to-open-2010-open-source-business-conference-with-keynote-address-on-why-open-source-is-more-critical-than-ever-2010-03-15

Opinion: RHEL 5 turns 3, Suggestions for Red Hat

,----[ Quote ]
| Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 (Tikanga) was
| released on March 14, 2007 and yesterday
| was RHEL 5's 3rd birthday. Since then we
| have gotten 4 update releases.
|
| Given the fact that Red Hat's original plan
| was to have a new RHEL release every 18 -
| 24 months, one has to wonder where RHEL 6
| is and why it is so late. My best guess is
| that RHEL 6 (which so far has had a non-
| public alpha release within Red Hat as
| witnessed in some Bugzilla reports) will
| come out sometime this summer... possibly
| in time for the Red Hat Summit in Boston
| (June 22-25, 2010). For that to happen I
| would expect a public beta for RHEL 6 to be
| released in the not too distant future.
| We'll see how that pans out.
`----

http://www.montanalinux.org/happy-third-birthday-rhel5.html