[News] Former Apple Fan Says Linux Beats Apple in Many Areas

  • Subject: [News] Former Apple Fan Says Linux Beats Apple in Many Areas
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 22:06:38 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

QA with Matt Asay: How Linux is Beating Apple and Much More

,----[ Quote ]
| Asay: I'm not sure this is the right
| question, as Linux already competes with and
| beats Apple in a huge array of devices. Linux
| spans everything from HPC to embedded devices
| and everything in between. Apple cannot
| compete with that. Could you build a
| supercomputer using Mac hardware? Sure, but
| you'd be mortgaging your house to do so and
| even then, the Mac would likely lose.
|
| Of course, Apple doesn't want to compete in
| such markets. It's famously focused and opts
| to do a few things very well, like its iPhone
| and laptops.
|
| Can Linux compete in these markets? Yes. Of
| course it can. Look at Android as perhaps the
| best example of effectively competing with
| Apple in mobile.  Apparently Apple agrees
| with me, as its patent infringement suit
| against HTC is almost certainly a shot over
| Google's bow, as The New York Times recently
| suggested. Apple is worried. And it should
| be.
`----

http://www.linux.com/news/featured-blogs/185:jennifer-cloer/293844:qa-with-matt-asay-how-linux-is-beating-apple-and-much-more-

What is âUbuntu WebNowâ?

,----[ Quote ]
| As a side note, although I expressed strong
| reservations when Mr. Asay was named
| Canonical COO, I havenât heard anything from
| him yet that I find objectionable.
`----

http://www.the-source.com/2010/03/what-is-ubuntu-webnow/

Related: