[News] Linux is Beating iPhone and Takes the Inventor of Cellphones from It

  • Subject: [News] Linux is Beating iPhone and Takes the Inventor of Cellphones from It
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 22:05:46 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Inventor of Cellphone Dumps IPhone, Embraces Android

,----[ Quote ]
| It turns out that Martin Cooper, the man who
| invented the cell phone, is the proud owner
| of a Motorola Droid!  In a story which aired
| on C-SPAN,  Martin discussed the politics of
| cellphones, as well as his current device.
`----

http://www.androidguys.com/2010/03/15/inventor-cellphone-dumps-iphone-embraces-android/

Report Shows Droid Beats iPhone 1M Benchmark

,----[ Quote ]
| Did you know that it took the iPhone only 74
| days to reach 1 million units sold?  Oh
| you've heard that, huh?  Well, did you know
| that the Motorola Droid moved more units in
| the same time frame?  Yeah, you probably
| didn't expect that.  Frankly, neither did we.
| The latest report from Flurry shows the Droid
| pushing 1.05 million handsets in the first 74
| days of release, eclipsing the number set by
| Apple.
`----

http://www.androidguys.com/2010/03/16/flurry-compares-nexus-droid-iphone-benchmark/

Recent:

Android Developers Win Smackdown Vs. iPhone, BlackBerry, and Windows Mobile, Microsoft Asserts It Has Promising Smartphone Future, & More Mobile Madness Highlights

http://www.xconomy.com/boston/2010/03/11/android-developers-win-smackdown-vs-iphone-blackberry-and-windows-mobile-microsoft-asserts-it-has-promising-smartphone-future-more-mobile-madness-highlights/

Microsoft, Palm Plunge in Smartphone Market Share, Android is Big Winner

http://www.dailytech.com/Microsoft+Palm+Plunge+in+Smartphone+Market+Share+Android+is+Big+Winner/article17883c.htm

Google Gains While Palm Loses Smartphone Share

http://www.informationweek.com/blog/main/archives/2010/03/google_gains_wh.html;jsessionid=FPRY5UOG5JDVDQE1GHRSKHWATMY32JVN

Android Dominates, Windows Mobile Plummets, iPhone Stagnant

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/191238/android_dominates_windows_mobile_plummets_iphone_stagnant.html

Windows Smartphone Market Share Tumbled After Mobile 6.5 Release

http://www.microsoft-watch.com/content/desktop_mobile/windows_smartphone_market-share_tumbled_after_mobile_65_release.html

Android eating into Windows Mobile's market share

http://www.itpro.co.uk/621388/android-eating-into-windows-mobiles-market-share

Google Irons Out Its Nexus One Strategy

,----[ Quote ]
`----