[News] Debian Infrastructure Upgraded, Might Get Female Leader

  • Subject: [News] Debian Infrastructure Upgraded, Might Get Female Leader
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 17:26:56 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

New cdbuilder server improves Debian infrastructure

,----[ Quote ]
| Today, the Debian project administrators are
| activating a new cdbuilder server. The server
| computes the official Debian ISO images once
| all software packages are ready for a new
| Debian release. While the old system needed 20
| hours to build the ISOs, the new server needs
| less than two hours for the same job.
`----

http://www.debian.org/News/2010/20100316

A Debian first: female candidate in running for leader

,----[ Quote ]
| For the first time in its 16-year history, the
| Debian GNU/Linux project has a woman in the
| running to become leader of the project when
| voting for the post takes place between April
| 2 and April 15.
|
| Margarita Manterola, a software developer from
| Argentina, mostly Python, teaches programming
| at a university. She has been involved with
| Debian since 2003, became a developer in 2005
| and has been part of the Debian Women project
| since it kicked off in 2004.
`----

http://www.itwire.com/opinion-and-analysis/open-sauce/37652-a-debian-first-female-candidate-in-running-for-leader

Recent:

Debian live CD distro rev'd

,----[ Quote ]
| The Elive team has released a long-awaited
| upgrade to its Debian-based, live CD-ready
| distro. The New Stable version of Elive 2.0,
| code-named Topaz, is equipped with the
| Enlightenment E17 desktop environment, but
| now offers an alternative Compaz desktop,
| plus new autolaunchers, system-recovery
| tools, and "configurators."
`----

http://www.desktoplinux.com/news/NS2168291705.html?kc=rss

Related:

Steve McIntyre re-elected Debian leader

,----[ Quote ]
| British developer Steve McIntyre has been re-elected leader of the Debian
| GNU/Linux project (DPL) for 2009-10.
|
| The contest for leader was a two-way affair this year, with McIntyre, who
| held the office in 2008-09, recontesting against Stefano Zacchiroli.
`----

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/24383/1148/

Two in race for Debian project leader

,----[ Quote ]
| It's that time of the year again - the Debian GNU/Linux project is in
| election mode with the process for electing a leader for 2009-10 having
| begun.
|
| The campaigning period goes on till March 28 and the online voting process
| will be conducted between March 29 and April 11. The new leader will begin
| his term on April 17.
`----

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/23778/1148/

Interview: Steve McIntyre of Debian