[News] IBM and Red Hat Work to Expand GNU/Linux

  • Subject: [News] IBM and Red Hat Work to Expand GNU/Linux
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 12:22:48 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

IBM announces test and development cloud

,----[ Quote ]
| The company has surprised some commentators
| with the decision to base the system on
| virtualisation software from enterprise
| open source vendor Red Hat, rather than the
| more commonly used Xen open source
| hypervisor.
`----

http://www.information-age.com/channels/development-and-integration/news/1206333/ibm-announces-test-and-development-cloud.thtml

Red Hat KVM underpins IBM test-and-dev cloud

,----[ Quote ]
| Red Hat's implementation of KVM is the
| virtualization underpinning of the new
| software test and development service for
| the IBM Cloud. Red Hat hopes that vote of
| confidence will persuade enterprises to try
| KVM in their own IT shops.
`----

http://searchservervirtualization.techtarget.com/news/article/0,289142,sid94_gci1456200,00.html

Red Hat announces EMEA partner summit details

,----[ Quote ]
| Open source solutions outfit Red Hat will
| host its third annual EMEA partner summit
| in Valencia, Spain from May 2nd to 5th
| 2010. This yearâs event will focus on open
| source middleware, cloud computing and
| virtualisation, while highlighting the
| strength of the Red Hat partner ecosystems
| and its potential for growth in the EMEA
| market.
|
| "The technology landscape is constantly
| evolving. With the introduction of cloud
| computing and virtualisation coupled with a
| full portfolio of open source middleware, we
| want to ensure that our partners are
| equipped with the latest training and
| information on these offerings to help them
| deliver better solutions and higher value
| to their customers," said Petra Heinrich,
| senior director, partners and alliances
| EMEA region at Red Hat. "The Red Hat and
| JBoss EMEA partner summit will address
| these current market trends."
`----

http://www.channelemea.com/spip.php?article2400

Red Hat CEO: Open-source economics key to innovation

,----[ Quote ]
| At the inaugural Open Source Business
| Conference in 2004, the discussion centered
| on how to fund open source's survival. Just
| six years later, the OSBC conversation has
| taken a 180-degree shift to focus on
| whether proprietary software's shelf life
| is nearing its end as open-source software
| economics increasingly drive technology
| innovation.
`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13505_3-10469068-16.html

Recent:

Red Hat and JBoss to host third annual EMEA Partner Summit in Spain

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.ameinfo.com/226697.html