[News] Minimalist GNU/Linux Distributions Listed, Slitaz 3.0 is Out

  • Subject: [News] Minimalist GNU/Linux Distributions Listed, Slitaz 3.0 is Out
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 23:01:56 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Minimalist Linux desktops

,----[ Quote ]
| Lightweight desktops have a multitude of uses, on netbooks,
| for mobile devices, for older hardware, for users with limited
| requirements of their systems, for connecting to applications
| in the cloud, and for bare knuckled programmers who prefer to
| work closer to the metal.
`----

http://www.h-online.com/open/features/Minimalist-Linux-desktops-963776.html

Greetings from Slitaz 3.0

,----[ Quote ]
| Itâs been a year since the last âstableâ
| release of Slitaz, and whether or not the
| yearlong break is part of the development
| plan, I have been chomping at the bit,
| waiting for this new version.
|
| [...]
|
| If I could build an entire system â and I
| have tried â I would want it to turn out
| just like Slitaz. Even my lightest, fastest
| efforts with outdated software in custom-
| built configurations canât stand up to what
| Slitaz gives you for nothing. Itâs
| fantastic stuff.
`----

http://kmandla.wordpress.com/2010/03/29/greetings-from-slitaz-3-0/

SliTaz Linux 3.0 lends credence to the phrase âSmall but Powerfulâ

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.linuxcritic.com/slitaz-linux-30-lends-credence-phrase-small-powerful/