[News] Many More Linux Phones, Including BPhone

  • Subject: [News] Many More Linux Phones, Including BPhone
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 00:04:59 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

BPhone Quad Band Linux Smartphone

,----[ Quote ]
| Its also equipped with WiFi, Bluetooth and
| plays any of the following formats supports
| TXT , MP3, WAV, AMR, AWB audio files, 3GP,
| MPEG4 and AVI video.
`----

http://www.geeky-gadgets.com/bphone-quad-band-linux-smartphone-25-03-2010/

bphone flipscreen smartphone runs linux, java

,----[ Quote ]
| If youâre thinking about getting your hands
| on one, head on over to Chinagrabber, where
| it retails for $569 (USD).
`----

http://technabob.com/blog/2010/03/23/bphone-flipscreen-smartphone-linux-java/

Unlocked Linux smartphone swivels 180 degrees

,----[ Quote ]
| ChinaGrabber is selling an unlocked,
| quadband GSM cellphone that runs Linux on a
| 624MHz Marvell PXA310. The $570 BPhone
| features a 5-inch 800 x 480 touchscreen
| with 180-degree rotation, plus WiFi,
| Bluetooth, GPS, and up to 16GB flash
| expansion.
`----

http://www.linuxfordevices.com/c/a/News/ChinaGrabber-BPhone/?kc=rss

Zinio Digital Newsstand Hits Android

,----[ Quote ]
| The new e-reader will likely end up working
| on various Linux platforms, not just
| Android.
`----

http://www.appscout.com/2010/03/zinio_digital_newsstand_hits_a.php

ST-Ericsson uses Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| ST-Ericsson has developed a Linux-based
| chip platform that could reduce the
| wholesale price of smartphones to less than
| â100.
`----

http://www.suaju.com/software-news/st-ericsson-uses-linux/1124

Great Debate: In 5 Years, Will You Own 1 or 20 Computers?

,----[ Quote ]
| A strong argument can be made for or
| against a future with Pervasive Computing.
| Some people will argue the middle â the
| devices that make sense to become smarter
| and Internet aware will happen naturally
| over time.  This is perhaps a more
| realistic argument and that having a smart
| toaster isnât worth the extra dollars,
| energy and growing landfills full of
| obsolete ones.
`----

http://www.thevarguy.com/2010/03/23/great-debate-in-5-years-will-you-own-1-or-20-computers/

The new ZTE smartphone is a must-have.

,----[ Quote ]
| With features including new operation
| systems like OMS and Linux giving high
| quality functionality, and an assortment of
| different options, the ZTE is sure to be a
| very sought after phone once itâs released
| to the public.
`----

http://www.mobile-computing-news.co.uk/industry-news/3158/the-new-zte-smartphone-is-a-must-have.html

Educating the carriers on being open.

,----[ Quote ]
| Many thanks to Smart Mobs for bringing this
| to my attentionâ
|
| If somebody writes a book with âopenâ and
| âmobileâ in the title I pretty much have to
| read it. Though you can buy a paper copy of
| Open | Mobile on Amazon you can also
| download a free PDF from the authorsâ site
| â which is what I did.
`----

http://openattitude.com/2010/03/23/educating-the-carriers-on-being-open/

Those Pesky Migration Issues